PCI DSS Overview
- PCI DSS covers security of the environments that store, process or transmit account data. Environments receive account data from Payment applications and other resources (e.g. acquirers).
- PCI PA-DSS covers secure payment applications to support PCI DSS compliance. Payment application receives account data from PEDs or other devices and begins payment transaction.
- PCI PTS covers device tamper detection, cryptographic processes and other mechanism used to protect the PIN.
- PCI P2PE covers encryption, decryption, and key management within secure cryptographic devices (Hardware/Hardware).
- PCI PIN Security covers secure managment, processing and transmission of personal identification numer (PIN) data during online and offline payment card transaction processing.